First Christian Church – Pekin was founded in 1872 as the result of a vision by Joseph and Margaret Ann Hiett. The first church building was located in the triangle of Broadway and St. Mary Street, across from what is now the Pekin Post Office. In 1953, the church moved to its current location at 1201 Chestnut Street. In 1963, an additional wing was built, adding to the number of classrooms and gathering places for those attending this church. We continue to be supporters of Outreach in the community as were the original founders of this church so many years ago.